Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Riddle Me... A Fiddle Leaf Fig

FIDDLE LEAF FIG

\


1."Hit a grand slam" and add architectural and organic elements to your space.





2.  Create Balance and Symmetry Without Adding The Weight Of Furniture.








3. Fill in an empty corner. . .




4. PLANT IT JUST SO





KEEP YOUR NEW "FIGGY" ALIVE AND KICKING IT
WITH:

1. SUNLIGHT
 Fiddle Leaf Figs need tons of natural daylight. If they don't get enough their leaves will turn yellow and then brown and just fall right off. If you see any of the above, try to immediately move them to a room with an abundance of light.

2. WATER
The entire blogospher is all over the place as to how much to water a Fiddle Leaf Fig. When I bought mine, Jesse (Campbell's Nursery) told me to be sure and water my new ficus tree. . .that a gallon a week was about ideal. I have stuck to that philosophy and "Figgy" is still doing great. My sweet tree even made it through six months in the basement with all the light I had to offer.

3. DRAINAGE
Improve the drainage and invest in a cheap plastic tray for the bottom of the pot. Make sure there is a drainage hole in the bottom of the pot. Excess water will be temporarily stored and absorbed when needed.

4. MOSS
Top the top of the basket with a pretty lime green moss and cover the dirt. 

I hope you love your Fiddle Leaf Fig as much as I love mine!


*All images above were taken from Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment